1/6/09

Quarton's Third Birthday


On the 5th of January we were able to celebrate Quarton's third birthday.  It was a late celebration for us because we wanted to wait for Dad to get home from work before we did anything.  

Yesterday started out with Quarton helping me make his birthday cake.  I made a pound cake from scratch which I will need to work on or try a different recipe next time :)  Quarton had chosen Superman for his theme this year so I had purchased a Superman cake pan to decorate for him.  He loved helping crack the eggs and watch everything mix in the mixer.  He helped pour the batter in the pan and I had to leave the oven light on so he could watch his cake bake.  During his nap time is when I decorated his cake.  When he woke up and saw the cake he was excited to see that it looked like Superman.  

Once Dad made it home, he came in with balloons for Quarton.   You would have thought Quarton had died and gone to heaven when he saw Dad walk in with balloons.  Plus, they were Superman colors, red, blue, and yellow.  We sat down and ate our dinner and then we ate our cake and ice cream.  Then it was time for presents.  He was excited about opening presents again since we had just celebrated Christmas and as usual he had a lot to open.  As the celebration came to an end, he was sad that he had to go to bed before he got to play with all his presents.  He was happy to know that they would still be here in the  morning and he could play with them the next day.  
He has been such a great kid and we don't know what we would do without him.  I can't believe my baby boy just turned three years old.  Time has flown by and it makes me want to slow it down a little so I can enjoy these early years more.  It is exciting though to see his mind grow and comprehend so much.  We love him to death and it was a great birthday celebration for all of us.    

2 comments:

keenbliss said...

Love the superman cake! Great job mom!

Randy and Donna said...

Love this Birthday Boy and pics too-
Nana